The Healing Power of Rest
Life surrounds us with constant stimulation of our senses. We need to make time to rest our psychic space in order to hear our intuition clearly. One way we can do this is through what I call daylight dreaming, a restful psychic state on the edge between sleep and wake, not fully conscious yet not asleep.
In this place our spirit is processing its experience. It is coming to new awareness of the energies in our vibrational field that are ready to be released or resolved. This is a restful state that brings healing, awareness and a sense of rejuvenation.
The visions that occur in daylight dreaming are like a slideshow of snapshots from our experiences. They have emotions associated with them: friendship, love, anxiety, anger, shame, joy, confusion, grief. As the scene drifts through our consciousness the unresolved energies take center stage. Often bringing to mind details we didn’t grasp in the moment of the experience.
In reviewing them from this restful place, they effortlessly begin to dissolve. We feel deeper relaxation in our body. We are still awake but our soul is actively directing the mind.
To access our inner-guidance this way starts with taking time to rest. We can simply lay down and close our eyes, engage in shavasana yoga practice or meditation. We encourage this state of daylight dreaming by resting when we are not physically tired but feel mentally overwhelmed.
Mediation to stimulate daylight dreaming:
- Lay down with your eyes closed, quiet your mind.
- Notice the places in your body that are tense and feel them relaxing.
- Effortlessly visualize all the energy of your day before this moment, moving the images out of your body and into a bubble. Send that bubble to a faraway mountain top and pop it.
- Notice your emotions, how you feel. There will be a dominate feeling and many other less dominate feelings all happening at the same time. For an emotion that is negative or energy depleting, notice where you feel it strongest in your physical body.
- With your mind relaxed let whatever image comes emerge from your memory, this image will connect your emotion, the place where it is holding in your body and the experience which initiated or triggered the emotion.
- Then imagine that energy being drawn out of your body into another bubble and send it off to a faraway place to recycle its energy with neutrality.
- This can be repeated with the next layer of strongest emotion that surfaces in your daylight dream.
Daylight dreaming facilitates healing, a relaxation of the mind and release of spiritual energy in our aura field that isn’t serving us. Allowing ourselves to fulfill this essential need to rest the body and mind, restores us to a place of greater strength. Rest reduces stress and cultivates inner-peace. Resolving, releasing and healing our experiences bring greater clarity to our intuition.