An easy way to access our intuition is through writing. Approaching our journal with intention can take us beyond recounting activities of the day and the cathartic process of purging experiences, to a point of clarity that only comes when the self is aligned with the Self.
This type of written practice is an internal conversation. The energy it activates inside is why so many people desire to be writers. Not only do we want our voice to be heard and find the written word a fulfilling way to share it, we connect with our essence through writing. It makes us feel good.
The inner dialog that occurs as words flow from our center-of-head (sixth chakra) through our hands (creative channels) into words, calls the mind-body-spirit into alignment. We go within and track our thoughts as they pour out. In order to dive this deep in writing we have to commit to push past our critical voices. The aspects that want to stop us from putting into concrete form thoughts that we are programed to see as inappropriate, selfish or crazy. It’s only in pushing through these walls of resistance by moving quickly as we write that we reach our inner-guide.
Our intuition is not some separate “thing” that resides outside of us. It is as solid and reliable as our senses of smell, taste, touch, sight and hearing. We just have lost our understanding of how to access the sixth-sense. The practice of writing to access your intuition can be cultivated with a simple framework:
- Set aside 20 minutes, less time will decrease your odds of getting past the resistance and purging of life experiences.
- Take a deep breath and set your intention before you start
- Commit to moving your pen on paper or fingers on the keyboard non-stop, even if your thoughts pause. Just repeat the last word you wrote until you
breakthrough the block.
- Allow freedom to download trite information, and then dive into your question, directing the conversation with your Self.
- Notice if other people’s energy shows up in your thoughts as you write. They could be interfering with your ability to see clearly. People who are concerned about how your changes will affect them can be very psychically nosy. Visualize their energy moving into a bubble outside of your space and send that bubble of their energy back to them.
We don’t have to know why or how we “know” information that comes to us intuitively but to disregard the guidance is to set ourselves up for more pain. Through journaling we can cultivate this sixth-sense in a concrete way. It helps us tune into our truth, filter out the external influences on our energetic space and find clarity.