Archives For visualization
Life surrounds us with constant stimulation of our senses. We need to make time to rest our psychic space in order to hear our intuition clearly. One way we can do this is through what I call daylight dreaming, a restful psychic state on the edge between sleep and wake, not fully conscious yet not asleep.
In this place our spirit is processing its experience. It is coming to new awareness of the energies in our vibrational field that are ready to be released or resolved. This is a restful state that brings healing, awareness and a sense of rejuvenation.
The visions that occur in daylight dreaming are like a slideshow of snapshots from our experiences. They have emotions associated with them: friendship, love, anxiety, anger, shame, joy, confusion, grief. As the scene drifts through our consciousness the unresolved energies take center stage. Often bringing to mind details we didn’t grasp in the moment of the experience.
In reviewing them from this restful place, they effortlessly begin to dissolve. We feel deeper relaxation in our body. We are still awake but our soul is actively directing the mind.
To access our inner-guidance this way starts with taking time to rest. We can simply lay down and close our eyes, engage in shavasana yoga practice or meditation. We encourage this state of daylight dreaming by resting when we are not physically tired but feel mentally overwhelmed.
Mediation to stimulate daylight dreaming:
- Lay down with your eyes closed, quiet your mind.
- Notice the places in your body that are tense and feel them relaxing.
- Effortlessly visualize all the energy of your day before this moment, moving the images out of your body and into a bubble. Send that bubble to a faraway mountain top and pop it.
- Notice your emotions, how you feel. There will be a dominate feeling and many other less dominate feelings all happening at the same time. For an emotion that is negative or energy depleting, notice where you feel it strongest in your physical body.
- With your mind relaxed let whatever image comes emerge from your memory, this image will connect your emotion, the place where it is holding in your body and the experience which initiated or triggered the emotion.
- Then imagine that energy being drawn out of your body into another bubble and send it off to a faraway place to recycle its energy with neutrality.
- This can be repeated with the next layer of strongest emotion that surfaces in your daylight dream.
Daylight dreaming facilitates healing, a relaxation of the mind and release of spiritual energy in our aura field that isn’t serving us. Allowing ourselves to fulfill this essential need to rest the body and mind, restores us to a place of greater strength. Rest reduces stress and cultivates inner-peace. Resolving, releasing and healing our experiences bring greater clarity to our intuition.
What would it take for you to feel satisfied with your life? Fulfilled, as if everything that was happening was as you desired? A different job, a new or changed relationship, different living arrangement, better health, more money, a vacation, closer friendships, less work, time to follow your creative passion? The aspects of our lives that we feel at peace with don’t have to be perfect, but flow with ease. We don’t dwell on them, because for the most part we are getting what we want.
The areas of our life that aren’t fulfilling our needs are what we struggle with and notice. They translate to the false belief that something outside of us needs to change in order for us to feel at peace. When we believe this, we are giving our power away. There is an energy drain precipitated by cycles of thought, feeling and behavior that reinforce staying unsatisfied.
I think of Homer Simpson holding onto the soda can he’s been trying to steal from a vending machine, while emergency workers go to great lengths to try to extract his arm. We hold onto a certain vision of what we need to feel satisfied in a job, lover, etc. When Homer finally realizes, he doesn’t want the soda bad enough to give up other things in his life, he let’s go of the can and pulls his arm out of the machine. He’d created his own experience of being stuck in the machine by holding on to something that wasn’t designed to be his, at least not without him being in alignment with the system that would allow it to be his.
Everything we experience is designed to show us where we are in alignment or not. If we are attached to specific circumstances we “must have” to feel happy, a deeper look inside our Self will reveal what is out of alignment in our life, the misalignment creating a sense of lack. Are we making a decision based on financial fear to work too much or at a job we don’t like which limits our time and energy to create in other areas? Are we using busyness or addictions as a form of avoidance, so we won’t have to address the relationships in our life that are uncomfortable? Are we blaming work or a relationship for our suffering and disappointment? As long as we hold on to the belief that our happiness is contingent upon someone or something changing we will be unfulfilled and not find inner-peace.
Try this simple meditation to assist in creating a sense of peace in an area where you feel dissatisfied.
- Begin in a simple silent meditation state (see my post a Meditative Path to Clarity).
- Visualize a bubble floating in front of you to represent the area in your life where you feel dissatisfied unfulfilled or stuck.
- See a rose outside of that bubble, like a magic wand, it is there to draw out any energy from that bubble that is negative or fear based.
- Watch as energies such as control, punishment, anger, anxiety, disappointment, fear, guilt, and shame move out of the bubble into the rose.
- Once the bubble is free of these blocks, send the rose to a faraway place in your mind’s eye and let it dissolve with the intention that it causes no harm.
- Now imaging a golden ball of light hovering above the bubble that represents the area of your focus for the mediation. Fill that ball of light with all of the positive vibrations (emotional energies) you would like to experience in this area of your life, such as: ease, grace, pleasure, fulfillment, joy, inspiration, flow, playfulness, support.
- When the golden ball of light is full of good vibrations drop it into your bubble and see them become one.
You have shifted the focus in this area of your life from disappointment and lack to ease and flow with your intentions. Our habits pull us quickly back into old thought patterns, so revisit this visualization as often as you find necessary.
Personally, I find it a very challenging practice to let go of certain desires happening in the timeframe that I want. But whenever I hold onto the yearning for a different experience than “what is” I am less satisfied with my life. This doesn’t mean that I give up on my hearts desires and dreams. What it does mean is that I acknowledge that what I am experiencing right now is exactly as it should be. As difficult as it may feel, I trust that what I am experiencing is the universe speaking to me, to show me how I can get into greater alignment with myself.
My desire for a spot close to the front of the airplane had me sit in a middle seat between two women on a fight home to Denver last week. Expecting the usual, ignore the stranger next to you, behavior of business travel, I was surprised to immediately be in conversation with the woman sitting to my right. I can’t even remember how the conversation started but it didn’t pause until we landed two hours later. By then I had heard 72 years of stories, Naomi’s life in a nutshell, and more importantly witnessed her joyful perspective on life.
Her vibrant energy created a shift in me, revitalizing my sense of appreciation and possibility. Inviting me to match the level of joy she lives in. If I blur the lens of the words that passed between us, the pure vitality Naomi offered through her positive perspective was transformational.
Each of us radiates energy that is a combination of our natural essence, our beliefs and energies we’ve held onto that we’ve accumulated along the way. Often we don’t notice our own energy, what we are presenting as a vibration to the world. When our energy is clear of fearful beliefs more
of our natural essence shines and we attract energy that matches what we want in our lives. In order to experience the spark of inspiration that generates transformation we have to be available to human connection.
The most powerful insights can come from the perspectives of strangers. They have a fresh perspective, one we haven’t been exposed to before. They don’t know our history and we are inclined to listen more closely to someone we just met. Our awareness is heightened.
The type of connection I experienced with Naomi was wonderfully unexpected. We can prepare ourselves to recognize these opportunities and be open to the transformational energy that is available through connection. We prepare by taking time to align our vibration with our essence. Start in a meditative space:
- Send a psychic “hello” to your essence, your soul, your authentic Self. Allow your inner voice to ask if there are beliefs that are pulling you out of alignment with your essence?
- Visualize those fears, disturbances and non-aligned energies moving out of your space into a bubble. Watch the bubble float to a distant mountain top and pop, transforming the energy into a new form. This makes more room for your own essence to expand. You may want to repeat this with several different focus areas in your life. Where you are showing up with a certain identity, such as work, romantic relationship, friendship, health or creative practice.
- Imagine a big golden ball of light hovering above your head. In the center of that ball is a magnet calling your energy back to you from any places you have left it that you are ready to retrieve it from. Once the golden ball of light is full of your essence, in your minds-eye reach up and pop it. See the energy of your essence flow down into you, filling in all the space that was opened when you moved out the non-aligned vibrations.
We naturally attract matching vibrations into our lives. Sometimes we have the fortune of attracting a connection that wakes us up and elevates us to a new level of self-awareness. I believe this happens when the person we encounter can see past our current state and notices our soul’s essence. The practice of consciously setting our energy invites connections that are transformational.
All Hallows Eve is creeping in with curiosity and playful energy about ghosts, zombies, paranormal and the dead in various forms. When people feel something tangible that they can’t see or touch it can be frightening and a thrill. As a person who is regularly aware of the presence of Spirits, I find it curious how often we make ghost or Spirits out to be scary tormented messengers of darkness. What we are reflecting with this perception is awareness that the Spirit is stuck, disturbed, unable to move on and find peace.
We all are Spirits with a physical body and when we die our Spirit continues to exist. What we call a ghost is the Spirit of a person, as it existed in a particular lifetime. Ghosts linger in a physical place often where the person once spent time while alive. Their Spirit was unable to complete some aspect of their experience from that life and remains stuck, revisiting the trauma or unfinished commitment.
On the night of the Zombie Crawl in Denver a couple of clients of mine went to a stately old hotel for a cocktail and struck up a conversation with the bartender about rumors of the hotel being haunted. They were given permission to wander the halls to see what they might find. With their perception tuned to the paranormal, they were open to seeing what wanted to be seen.
Suddenly in a certain hallway they both started feeling a heavy energy. One of the women felt as if she was being choked and couldn’t breathe. They decided they’d had enough and returned to the hotel lobby, shaken. Curious they asked a hotel employee if anything strange had ever happened in the room number they were next to when the sense of suffocation occurred. A young woman had hung herself in that room. Clearly the disturbance of her energy when she took her own life left her Spirit unresolved. Her ghost is still lingering in the place of her death waiting for a healing that will allow her soul to move on.
Similarly when I see a Spiritual entity in a person’s aura space often it is stuck and ready to move on. It has an agreement with the person created in the past that is no longer serving either. We create agreements with Spirits (some angels of light or darkness, some disincarnate human souls) when we need help with a life experience that we feel we can’t manage ourselves. They help us stay safe in certain circumstances but when we outgrow the circumstances they may stay stuck in our space, required to keep the agreement.
Another way we may be associated with a Being is through our family. Our ancestors create agreements with Spirits that get passed down through the generations to their descendants. These Spirits can be in our energy field subtly influencing what we attract into our lives or are attracted to, without us being aware of it.
There are also Spirits that get into our aura space without personal or familial invitation. We take them on as part of our healing agreement with another person, to help them clear the Entity. Or we participate in an activity that opens our energy field to them. These Spirits are looking for energy or healing, and enter our aura because we are open to it.
Spirits are everywhere. We don’t need to fear them because we are in a position of power. We always have the authority and choice to end agreements with Spirits and command that they leave our space. One way to do this is to visualize a gold cord attaching them to God/the Supreme Being so they can move on/out of our energy field and take their next step as a Spirit. By doing so we are setting both the Spirit and our spirit free.